The first eco-friendly, performing and efficient dyeing machine: best results with the right quantity of dye-bath
Forbo Bonaparte, a Dutch firm, already a Tecnorama customer, manufacturer of wool and polyamide loose and fitted carpets dyed on-site using a Pad-Steam system.
To produce a new machine capable of managing the regular flow of carpet-dyeing recipes, and to avoid any leakage of the dye-bath.
Following the introduction in Europe of the law on the treatment and disposal of industrial waste water, the company had to find an alternative to the creation of an internal treatment plant or to the recovery, storage and transportation of waste water to a third party disposal plant, to prevent the risk of having to close the dyeing unit and, with it, its entire production.
In this complex situation what was needed was an eco-friendly yet efficient and high-performing machine. The system had to dye the fabrics perfectly, always supplying the exact amount of dyeing liquor according to the type of material to be dyed. In particular, the machine had to:
- Automatically prepare solutions using powder dyestuffs, by means of an automatic dispensing machine.
- Bring every solution to the right volume, then stir it gently, keeping it ready for use.
- Automatically dispense solutions in the correct proportion and amount in order to make up the predetermined recipe to be sent continuously to the Pad-Steam dyeing padder, so that carpet dyeing was the same from the beginning to the end of the batch being dyed.
- The various auxiliary chemicals had to be dispensed in the proportion and quantity required by the recipe, fed into the same supply line and sent continuously to the dyeing system.
- The total quantity of dyeing liquor flow to be sent to the Pad-Steam system had to be calculated based on the weight of the carpet and the degree of absorption of the material, so that only the quantity of liquid that the carpet was able to absorb would be sent to the system.
- Not any minimum quantity of the dyeing liquor had to be drained
- As it was a continuous dyeing system, dyestuffs and recipes had to be changed in no more than 30 seconds, without having to suspend operations. This would make the dispensing system much more interesting and flexible, and also suitable for dyeing small batches of different colours.
THE Tecnorama SOLUTION
Ecodye System: a fabric dyeing machine that generates no waste water.
Designed, built and put into service in just 8 months.
Using this machine Forbo was able to carry on working for many years, until it was acquired by the Belgian company Desso’.